Sunday, February 7, 2016

scrap valentine tag

5 MINUTE GRAB CHALLENGE
 
I always do a little prep work prior to Papertrey Ink's anniversary festivities and stamp-a-faire (it really narrows my focus and thus, I become much more productive).  The most important thing I do is make a list of projects I need to create and a few ideas for each . . .
 
I wanted to create something vintage-ish to really make my mother's valentines day gift special (she's 85) so I grabbed my folders of red patterned paper scraps, and the black one, too. I had already decided to make a tag, so I grabbed a tag die, heart die, a  stamp set and it's coordinating die - I thought about crocheted lace, but settled on a scrap of wrinkled seam binding.
 
It just took some trimming and distressing of all the scraps and . . . voila!
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
stamps:  papertrey ink
papers:  scraps
dies:  papertrey ink, stampin' up
embellishments:  seam binding - stampin' up; pearl - darice
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty tag Julie, your mom will love it!! All of the bits of paper look perfect together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

ShareThis